The Engine Shed is a place for everyone to learn about Scotland's built heritage and how to look after it.
We offer a variety of activities for a range of audiences, including hands on activities, drop in craft sessions and demonstrations.
Run by Historic Environment Scotland, the Engine Shed serves as a central hub for building and conservation professionals and the general public. The Engine Shed aims to bring conservation to life and inspire a new generation to look after its heritage. On your visit you can enjoy:
- Our permanent exhibition looking into traditional building materials and the development of architectural styles in Scotland
- An Augmented Reality map revealing different layers of information, from the complex geology of Scotland, to climate change effects on our historic buildings
- Interactive activities covering subjects including corrosion, thermal imaging and 3D scanning
- A selection of food and drinks from our café
- An auditorium with 3D 4K capabilities
For opening times please visit our website.