Drummond Castle Garden is one of Europe's and Scotland's most important and impressive formal gardens. Located near Crieff in Perthshire it dates back to the 17th Century. The gardens were redesigned and terraced in the 19th Century. The formal gardens of today were replanted in the 1950s but preserve many of the original features, the ancient yew hedges and the beech tree planted by Queen Victoria commemorating her visit in 1842. The dominant feature of the parterre design is a St Andrews Cross with the multiplex 17th Century sundial at its centre.